I haven't been allowed to select Adana's clothes for quite a few years now. She is a free spirit, and she has a VERY strong opinion when it comes to her wardrobe. Consequently, I have had to bite my tongue many times when I've seen some of the outfits that she's come up with.
She likes flashy.
She likes bling.
She likes colors. And textures. And patterns.
And she is always completely confident that her choice of clothes is DA BOMB!
So usually, most days, I just smile and send her off to school.
But sometimes, I have to pick the battle and say, "Ummm, sweetheart. Do you think that, maybe, you might be missing something?"
This was a hard fought battle that I barely managed to win. She DID NOT see the need to add the skirt when clearly the tights were perfectly matched with the shirt. According to her, I "RUINED" the whole look, and she stripped that skirt off the second she got home from school. (I'm assuming that she actually kept it on while at school. But, honestly, I don't really care. That's her teacher's battle to pick. I've done my job if I can get her out the door in a decent manner.)
Have mercy when she's a teenager.
6 comments:
Just the laugh I needed!
HAHA! I'm glad you won that battle. ;) She'll probably grow up to be a boring librarian (no offense to the awesome librarians out there).
This made me laugh so hard!! That girl is a riot. I love a girl with her own opinions!
There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with her first outfit! Trust me, at the German school about half the kids-boys and girls- are dressed exactly like that. She is just wearing the latest German fashion. Strumphose.
NO way that Noah ever wears that outfit to school. Neither he nor his pa would allow it. :)
WOW!! I cant stop laughing! Good luck with that little girl- and i thought maggie was tough to dress.... oh and i have to type 2 words in order to post a comment... what the??
But the tights pants are so in style!
Post a Comment